Saturday, April 15, 2006

Deleted Scene from "The Vase"

Stumbled across John August's CSS styles for screenplays, and figured I'd add them to my blog's template. (Yes, that John August, the one who wrote Big Fish, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, etc. Looks like he's got a geeky side.) Actually, his entire blog should be of interest to anyone interested in movie script writing.

Anyway, in the interest of testing new features, I present the never-before-seen original opening to "The Vase"! I never filmed this because it would have been too hard, logistically, in the time I had. That's why the existing movie starts a little more abruptly than my others.
  • FADE IN:
  • EXT. STREET - DAY
  • A car comes over a hill and drives towards the camera.
  • INT. JACK'S CAR - DAY
  • JACK is driving. He looks a bit nervous. Not scared, just a little uneasy.
  • JACK
  • Why is this guy following me?
  • Out the rear window we see another car. It's black, plain, and inconspicuously official-looking. Jack glances down, flicking the lever for the turn signal.
  • EXT. JACK'S DRIVEWAY - DAY
  • Stopping the car, Jack turns around to look out the back. The strange car slows as it passes the house, but continues on down the street.
  • JACK
  • (sighing)
  • That was weird...
  • INT. JACK'S HOUSE - DAY
  • Jack enters through the front door carrying a backpack over one shoulder. Worn-out, he moves over to the couch, dropping the backpack carelessly onto the floor.
  • JACK
  • Man, I'm exhausted.
  • He collapses onto the couch and falls asleep as we:
  • FADE OUT

After that, the movie continues as normal. So there you have it - the mighty "Lost Scene" of The Vase. What? Not impressed? That's OK: This post was really jsut about me playing with the screenplay formatting styles for this blog. They should come in handy next year, when I take my Screenwriting course.

No comments: