Thursday, August 30, 2007

The New Dorm is... Pretty Nice Actually

As so many times before, I'm not even sure if anyone reads this anymore, but hey, what the heck?

As anyone who was nearby me during the online housing selection process knows, I wasn't overjoyed last spring when I got a 2-person suite in Booth. I was in a 4-person Watson suite last year, and for the most part it rocked! Some roommate re-shuffling had left another year of 4-person suiteness (see what I did there?) out of the question, so I had been gunning for a Watson 2-person suite.

Needless to say, it didn't work out that way. Despite a decently respectable number in the housing lottery, by the time I logged on there was nothing left in my selection phase but Booth, Dellplain, and South Campus apartments. I love the South apartments, but I'm not a huge fan of South Campus. Especially those bits regarding the bus to main campus, and the carrying of laundry to another building in the middle of a Syracuse Winter. Dellplain is huge and primarily filled with freshmen, so I begrudgingly went with Booth - Dellplain's smaller (but equally ugly) sibling.

Turns out, a Booth 2-person suite is pretty nice! And only $200 more than a plain old split double. And I actually think I have more space than I did in the Watson suite (when you consider there were 4 people in that one)

Of course, we all know the whole reason of this post is to show off the stitched panoramic mode on the digital camera I got last Christmas...


Yeah, you know it's awesome. ;)

No comments: